Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default A Woody Allen Moment

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:53:29 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I had a Woody Allen moment, straight out of "Annie Hall", last
evening...

I'm out at the barby introducing five lobsters to their "evening warm
bath", when a particularly feisty one jerks so hard he managed to get
loose from my tongs and took off across the counter top.

If there wasn't a step-up at the edge, he'd have been scurrying across
the desert landscape ;-)

...Jim Thompson

We had six people, four crabs, one loaf of bread, and two giant
bottles of Chimay red label. There's leftovers to make crab cakes. Of
course, we saved a little room for flaming bananas.

I went once to a wonderful, grubby little joint on the Ile de Re. The
protocol is that you go in and sit at a crude wooden table. A dour guy
comes over and throws a couple of live lobsters on the table. You
scowl, he shruggs, and he takes them away and brings a couple of
bigger ones. When you're finally satisfied, he broils them, in a
couple of minutes, and brings them back with a bottle of white wine
that has no cork or label. Good.

Haven't had a serious work-related email in at least 2 weeks, so I'm
just cleaning up, piles of papers and magazines at work and home, and
all sorts of cables and parts and notes and stuff to organize. We work
in a very messy business.

John