Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Witczak Mark Witczak is offline

Default Ride-on Mower w/Snowblower

Let's face it, your driveway is not that big. Either will do the job in
a matter of minutes. And both will have to be set high to avoid picking
up stones. So now you've got to look at other factors: cost, storage,
maintenance.

A ride-on will be more expensive (ie. $1200 for the ride-on + $1200 for
blower attachment), takes more space to store, and has more parts to
maintain. You will be able to use it to cut grass in the summer. It's a
4 season tool.

A snow blower will be cheaper (ie $1200), take up less space in your
garage/shed, and require less maintenance.

I used a ride-on for 3 years before I gave in and switched to the
snowblower. I found it easier to use and faster than the ride-on.

Good Luck,
Mark

cloud dreamer wrote:
Hi,

I'm just starting to take a peek around at ride-on mowers that have
snowblower attachments. Any recommendations out there?

My driveway is 300 feet long, gravel and is sloped. I had an ATV with a
blade and I know it often needed to be in 4WD to plow the driveway...so
I can't see a 2WD mower being able to do it. Is 4WD standard on all
ride-ons or just the high end ones? I've seen Kubota list 4wd on some of
their machines but I can't find anything on the Toros.

Even with 4WD, are they good snowblowers or more trouble than they're
worth? Do they slide all over the place...not have the HP push up the
driveway??

Any experience, opinions appreciated. TIA

..