Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Ride-on Mower w/Snowblower

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
always wear eye protection when blowing snow, i got hit bad in head
once with a rock that bounced back somehow........ scary bloody
mess........ head wounds bleed a lot

might check consumer reports for tractor info, dont buy a rider mower,
they are too small for everything.

if you have acres to cut probably better off speed wise with a
dedicated grass cutter. those sit on center with 2 arms for direction
are so fast its unreal

if most is woods thats not a issue

Yeah, it's mostly woods. My lawn is small enough to do with a regular
mower, but it's getting tough on my poor arthritic knees. That's why I'm
looking at combining mower/snowblower...and looking for recommendations.
In the end, I'm thinking a higher end ride-on might suffice...something
4wd. I have someone to clear the driveway for heavy snowfalls, so the
ride-on would only be necessary for smaller snowfalls...under a foot type
thing. Everything I've seen so far has me looking toward Kubota.

I have had good results with John Deere products, durable, easy to repair,
easy to get parts for old equipment, good support from the dealer (not Big
Boxes but an actual John Deere farm dealer). They will not question the
purchase of a mower in the winter, especially if you are adding a snow
blower for it.