Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Gray Michael Gray is offline

Default Banning incandescent lamps?

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 14:10:00 -0500, ATP* wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
ATP* wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
ATP* wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

They're called "Limousines", Gerry. Rich folks rent them (Hummers
in all shapes) to pretend they're either 4-wheelin' or in the Army
for the day or evening.

My younger brother is in the Army, and despite the fact that he's
stationed
in Alaska, a Hummer is the last vehicle he would choose to drive.

Fort Richardson, or Fort Wainwright?

Fort Richardson. He bought a house up in Eagle River.

I was stationed at Ft Greely, in the early '70s. It was closed
several years ago, and is being 'remodeled' for a new use.
I spent a night at Ft Wainwright, on the way to Ft Greely. The
Fairbanks Airport was the closest commercial flight.

Fairbanks is really up there! I visited a few years ago and trekked up to
Denali from Anchorage. There was one section where we got no FM reception
whatsoever. I was running pretty low on gas on the way back, which was a
bit nerve wracking with two six year olds in the car. I think we drove
about 140 miles between gas stations.

Or you could always try driving the Dempster Highway, starts about 20
miles east of Dawson City, goes to Inuvik, NWT in summer and to
Tuktoyaktuk in winter. From Klondike Corner (start of the Dempster) gas
station to Eagle Plains, which is the next gas station, is 231 miles. Not
the longest in the world by any means, but certainly an interesting
highway and one every Canadian (at least) should drive. The Inuvik -
Tuktoyaktuk section on 8 - 10 feet of Mackenzie River ice and Beaufort Sea
ice is also INTERESTING!
Yep, I've done it, the Dempster about 5 times and the Tuk section a couple
of times - why? have a son and 2 grandchildren up there in Inuvik.
Mike in BC