Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] re@rollandelliott.com is offline

Default How can I automatically tap 500 holes in 5/16-18 thread sizeusing a hand drill or drill press?

thanks for the tips on the tapmatic tools. I love this forum already!
While browsing Tapmatics site I noticed tools are often designated
30x, 70x, 90x, etc. What does this number mean? Also I'm wondering if
I can get away with a tapmatic that has a max range of 0-1/4", when
the tap I'm using is 5/16th? Probably not, but since the drill part is
17/64th that is really really close to 1/4".

It's true the Tslot features are nice, but I still have to tap many
ends.