Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] re@rollandelliott.com is offline

Default How can I automatically tap 500 holes in 5/16-18 thread size using ahand drill or drill press?

I've got blisters on my hands from taping 20 holes manually and I have
hundreds left to go!
What machine or tools do I need to tap 5/16th-18 holes in aluminum? I
am using T slotted 1.5" square tubular aluminum for a lot of projects,
ranging from a workshed to a photobooth to a workbench and having to
manually tap the ends of this metal is going to kill me! I'm
specifically using http://www.8020.net/T-Slot-1.asp this stuff. I
bought two specialty taps that are a combination drill/tap bit from
www.mcmaster.com part # 2748A43 At $20 each they are pricy and I've
already busted them both after only about 6 holes each with a hand
drill.

Any help please?