Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default Rebuilding a trailer - what to do about the deck... (& Ping Tom Gardner)

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
snip
Decision time #1 - What to use for a deck, and where to get a decent
deal.

Whether to use plywood again (properly weather treated this time),
or expanded metal, or diamond-tread steel floor plate, or Oak plank...

I'm leaning toward 6' x 16' 1/8" diamond-plate with cross stringers
every 16" to 24", but then I have to flip the whole thing up on it's
side to paint the bottom...

snip

Have you considered ipe? Dense, rot-resistant, hard & strong. It's
become a popular decking material.

I haven't any experience with it personally, but plan on using it for
my next oudoor project.

R,
Tom Q.

--