Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Mortice lock removal

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Timothy Murphy writes:

cerberus wrote:

Reminds me when a neighbour locked his keys in his car. Luckily a window
hadn't been fully wound up, so with my DIY car theft kit comprising of a
wire coat hanger and shoe-lace we went fishing.

My wife did this in Florence with a hired car.
A man from the car-firm opened the door with a kind of balloon
which he inserted in the gap by the door lock,
and pumped up.
I've never seen this before.

Some Italian colleagues locked themselves out of their Fiat
van, having driven it over from Italy. They called their
breakdown cover which turned up in the form of an AA man.
He went round to the back of his van and returned, much to
our alarm (and theirs even more so;-), with a hammer.
Anyway, he reached under a wheel arch and tapped it with
the hammer. All the door lock buttons poped up!

I was just specing a new car for myself at the time.
I crossed off central [un]locking...

That is usually the air bag trigger. I have been told that if you hit
that, the central locking unlocks. Quite why it does not trigger the air
bags, I don't know.

Dave