Posted to alt.home.repair
krw[_2_] krw[_2_] is offline

Default graco xr7 question

In article E4rej.356970$kj1.36080@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, alt.home.repair,
says...
The old-timer was in his 50's, I was only 19. He taught me how to roll paint
and what tools to use.
He taught me to use the 100% lambs wool roller cover because they soak up
paint from the bucket faster and release it to the wall better than
synthetic covers. They also clean up easier.

Many things have changed in fifty-sixty years. I find modern
rollers pretty easy to clean and hold a lot of paint. They're
*cheap* too. I bought a gadget from Harbor Freight that makes
cleaning rollers a snap (2 minutes, tops). IIRC it's called a
"roller wizard". Google should turn up a link.

He taught me to always use a roller extension handle. = less bending and
stretching.

Absolutely. I bought three Purdy poles that cover anything from
about 1' to 12' comfortably (had a 17' cathedral ceiling). Not
only do poles reduce bending and stretching, they give the painter
more leverage and can be operated with the hands at waste level.
WOrkign with one's hands over one's head gets tiring fast. Buy
good ones, though. Trust me, it's no fun when one breaks in the
middle of a ceiling.

He taught me to paint from a bucket with a roller screen not a roller pan.
you don't have to stop as often to fill the bucket with paint as you would
with a pan and the screen rolls off excessive paint more efficiently than a
pan.

Haven't done that. I'll have to figure that out some time.
Filling the pan has never taken significant time, IMO. Most of the
time is spent edging and trimming. Of course in my last house
masking off the carpet took forever (no base boards).

snip

--
Keith