Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default 2008 Pres

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This isn't a question of party affiliation. It's an example of how
*ALL* politicians are indebted in some way to corporate sponsors.
There are NO exceptions. None.

I agree, and that's the way it should be.

The powerful and affluent act as a brake on the mindless roar of the
unwashed masses. It's a check-and-balance, a division of labor.

It's to the eliete's credit that we've seldom elected a "populist" (Andrew
Jackson and FDR being the only two). The smoke-filled-room men are the
unsung heros of this republic and have helped immeasurably to make America
the greatest nation in the world.

But the rabble get some credit.

"Popular" revolutions (French Revolution, the English Civil War, Mao
Tse-Tung, Cuba, etc.) have uniformly produced disasters, but the threat of
same generally keeps the tyrants semi-honest.