Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default 2008 Pres

clifto wrote:

I'm not. Something like the UK or Canadian system is what "they"
want.

I don't think they want quite that good a system. For example, I
believe one can still pick his own doctor in UK; Hillarycare had a
$10,000 fine for trying to go to a doctor other than the one you were
assigned.

True for the UK. The NHS does allow private practice.

Not so (generally) in Canada. The Quebec Supreme Court recently ruled that
Canadians have a "right" to medical care and that, if it cannot be provided
in a timely fashion by the state, the patient can seek private care. This
decision is not binding on all of Canada and is being appealed by the
government.