Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Digital camera mod

Jon Elson wrote:

nick hull wrote:

The site is too far from any possible computer site, at least 1000'.
That's why I don't use a video camera, too far for co-ax.

Huh? You can send video over miles of coax, if you terminate it
properly. Hmmm, let's see, 1000' at $0.13/ft = $130, you might be able
to do better on eBay. You can probably send the camera power on the
same cable with a little ingenuity, too.

Have you ever tried to send usable video over miles of coax, without
the proper equalizers? We used a modulator/demodulator to move video a
half mile, over .500 75 Ohm hardline for a live feed at a TV station,
back in the late '80s. You can pick up a lot of 60 HZ hum, due to
ground differentials at a half mile, as well.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida