Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Grinder wheel attachment for old grinder

I assume this is what you are after to convert a motor shaft to a
right hand or left hand threaded shaft:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?L2=Shaft+Arbors&operator=prodIn dexRefinementSearch&originalValue=motor+arbor&L1=M otor

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Zootal" wrote in message
I have an old grinder. It is a Dunlap sold by Sears, I'm guessing
in the 60s or 70s. It is essentially a 1/3 horse electric motor
with a 1/2 shaft sticking out each end. Attached to each shaft is
an attachment that is female 1/2 inch on one end, such that it
slides over the motor shaft and is held in place with a set
screw. The other end is a threaded 1/2 stud with nut that you
slide a grinding wheel (or whatever) on it and secure with nut.
Any wheel or brush or whatever with a 1/2 hole will fit on this.

I need one of these attachments. I've been to hardware and auto
part stores, and no one that I've found so far has any clue
where I can find one of these. Does anyone have any idea where I
can find such an attachment?