Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Barnett[_15_] Bruce Barnett[_15_] is offline

Default Pinging Harold & Susan

Jon Elson writes:

Ed Huntress wrote:
Oh, wait a minute. Are you talking about using a single-point
diamond to dress diamond wheels on a surface grinder? That I've
seen. I was thinking about the wheels on a bench grinder. Can you
dress them the same way?

Yes, of course, but your results will be as accurate as your hands
are.

I've seen two mechanisms to give better results.

* You have a tool rest in front of the grinder, and you make a jig to
go around the diamond point dresser (essentially something with a
hole for the dresser). The top of the jig is held against the bottom
of the tool rest. You might be able to use some sort of clamp, or
Vice-grip.

* Woodturners use a grinding jig called Wolverine, and it has a
diamond point dresser option. However - it's pricy. It essentially
does the same thing.