Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default re skimming ceilings

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

Reskim them for sure if you don't like them.

'Polyskim' is a DIY product that is not too bad..

Can I just add to those questions what do you do about painting textured
ceilings? My son's house has the stippled 'icing' type effect. Once he's
married in April they intend to buy another house so just to clean it
all up what kind of preparation do we do before painting?
It's going to be a really awful job trying to clean the ceilings with
sugar soap etc unless I use an upside down brush. Can I just paint over
it with say gloss and then ordinary paint (thinking of the kitchen
ceilings here) or would that be a DIY nightmare?

If selling, just paint over everything. with emulsion.