Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

In message , at 10:45:02 on
Mon, 31 Dec 2007, The Natural Philosopher remarked:
But most office work could be done from almost anywhere..

[...]

Laywers.

Very specifically, this often works very badly when not done face to
face. I've been helping someone prepare a Small Claim, and our side of
it would have been hopelessly ineffective if I couldn't have direct
access to the people and papers in order to prepare a coherent statement
of claim and witness statements.

And the case generated perhaps a hundred pages of letters between us and
the other side and their solicitors, which largely consisted of them
ignoring all the questions they didn't want to answer and throwing red
herrings in at every opportunity.

We just weren't getting anywhere at all (which is why it got as far as a
court). Once we had everyone face to face the Judge sorted it in
literally five minutes.
--
Roland Perry