Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default graco xr7 question

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 01:51:29 GMT, "CM"
wrote:

I can roll a room faster with a good quality lambs wool roller cover on a
good quality roller frame, a decent extension pole, and a bucket with a
bucket screen, including clean-up - faster than you can set up the roller
attachment paint the room and clean up the roller attachment good enough to
use again.

The roller attachment is also limited by its length/reach where as good
quality extension handle is adjustable.

I had a similar roller attachment years ago when I first started painting.
An old timer hired me to help him on a painting job. He was faster with his
hand rolling than I was with my roller attachment. I never used it again.

cm

"SteveB" wrote in message
Has anyone used the xr7 in the roller mode? I saw the roller the other
day at HD for $70, and it sure would make painting easier when one cannot
spray. Like I'm considering painting the ceilings white in the addition I
just painted all the same color .......

Steve

How old was this old timer? I know he did not teach you everything on
one job.

OP save the $70.00 on a one room paint job.

Would I buy this roller - yes, but for the frequent use of it.

Not for a room or two!
Oren