Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Need temporary power supply for laptop

It seems I mailed home the powersupply cord and transformer for my IBM
ThinkPad 600E, instead of putting it in my suitcase.

So I need something to use until the package I mailed comes.

It says 15.5 to 17 volts DC, 56 watts, and I have a whole bunch of
possible adaptors to use, but if I have to make one from a transformer
and diodes, how much ripple filtering would I likely have to do to
simulate the original power supply. None at all? So many microfarads
worth before and so many after the diodes?

I have a 40 year-old EICO kit scope that I've never fully understood
how to use -- I bought it used and assembled -- but this might be the
push I need to finally learn how to use it for something more than the
most basic use. I also have loads of diodes and an assortment of
capacitors of all sizes, plus I can buy more if I need to. But since
this is only for a few weeks, until the box comes in the mail, and I'm
not going to be going anywhere with it, I don't want to go to more
trouble than necessary.

Thanks.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)