Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Maple Bowl

"Patrick" pfischerATATATATWavecable.com wrote:

Good thought Kevin. Wouldn't the wax impede any later finish though?
I've been using tung oil topped off with paste wax.

Nope - I was worried about the first time I did it too, but I usually start
with 80 or 120 grit and by the 150 it's long gone. Never had a problem
with any finish and I've used about everything from varnish, shellac,
lacquer, oils etc.

I do clean the sanding pads with a crepe sandpaper disk cleaner as the wax
will cake up in them, but it comes out easily.

S'later...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller, Juneau, Alaska