Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Loewe Aconda ACO9303LS signal board IC531

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:55:05 -0800 (PST), Floyd Gilmour
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Leonard, I'm not sure what that unit is but I used to work on Immix or
Scitex NLEs (which also had absurd service contracts) about 10 years
ago that had Phillips ICs with that same SAA prefix. Here's a link to
the datasheet for that http://www.nxp.com/all_datasheets/index.html
One thing I have done in the past is to call up Avnet http://www.em.avnet.com/home/
or Impact http://www.impactcomponents.com/inqu...talog0882.html
or some other big wig distributer that only deals with manufacturers
and tell them that I'm working on a design project with that
particular IC and may have a need for 10,000 or more but you need to
do some testing. I've actually gotten free samples of a number of ICs
that only the big wigs have.

Here is a link to the datasheet:
http://www.nxp.com/pip/SAA4977H_2.html

The chip contains a 16 kbyte ROM. It looks like the OP will need to go
to Loewe or Philips for the part.

- Franc Zabkar