Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] pyleg@yahoo.com is offline

Default Old-fashioned manual shop press source?

I'm looking to buy a simple, screw style home shop press for a craft
project. What I'm looking for looked sort of like a large (end?) vise
with a press screw mounted to a bottom plate with steel rods or a wood
frame. I used to see things like this in libraries, I assume for
binding work, and I think I've seen something along these lines used
as a veneer press.

Does anyone know someone who manufactures these things? Or even
better, someone who manufactures components that can be put together
to desired specs?

Many thanks and happy New Year! G