Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Weird electrical problem

Mark Corbelli wrote:
OK, I said I'd post back with an update. As luck would have it, before I
changed out the backstabbed outlets, the overhead light burned out in the
suspect room. When I went to change it, the glass was broken away from the
metal. I got pliars and got the old one out and replaced it with new and the
dimming has stopped for now. I don't know if that's it, but I'm not going
any further until it starts again. Anyone know if and why a damaged light
bulb could have caused my problems?

If the bulb's filament was shorted hot to ground, even partially, that
could cause the other device son the same circuit to dim. Sounds like a
long shot, but I have seen it happen (fuse blows when you drop a work
light, etc. as the filament shorts itself)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel