Posted to sci.electronics.repair
giannibo giannibo is offline

Default oscilloscope tektronix

On 29 Dic, 01:35, "DaveM" wrote:
"David Wright" wrote in message

If you get some money send it in for repair and calibration. *Cost on good
test equipment is out of site.

"giannibo" wrote in message
HELP! Someone know the mainframe oscilloscope Tektronix 7000 series? I
have some 7704 with power supply broken,with same defect: don't start
the oscillator.
Some suggestion??

You can download the manual for the 7704 fromhttp://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/7704/. *It should help you figure out the
problem.
The usual suspects are aging electrolytic capacitors.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net *(Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. *In
practice, there is." *- Yogi Berra

Thanks for suggestions. The items I found aren't good, are the diodes
on low voltage circuit.
I checked also the capacitor on main frame, but are ok. The defect is
that oscillator is on and off continously. Now I take out the TO5 on
parallel of base-emitter of power transitor, and remain on firmly, but
isn't stabilized.
I follow to work on, I want resume this beautifull instrument!!
Thanks a lot!!
Gianni