Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default The Robbers Got Extra Lead With Their Dominoes Pizza

SteveB wrote:

I was living in Houston at the time Marvin Zindler was raising the
ruckus about "The Chicken Ranch" in LaGrange. Early 70s.

"MARRRRRRRVIN ZZZZZZZINDLER,
EYYYYYYYYYE WITNESS NEWSSSSSS!" He would go around and crusade about
consumer issues and somebody got ripped off at the body shop.

He was an aggravating puke, and IIRC, a retired PO.

I'll dispute "retired." Marvin was with the sheriff's department when I was
there. He headed the one-man "Consumer Fraud" division with a somewhat
flamboyant style. For example, he arrested downtown's largest department
store, Foley's, for using the American flag on a printed advertisement.
That's right - he arrested the building and all its contents(!). As I
recall, the building got off on some technicality (no Miranda warning or
somesuch), but Marvin got a lot of TV coverage. And Foley's quit using the
flag on their throw-away advertising flyers.

He and the sheriff's department eventually parted ways and he got a TV gig.
Marvin was financially independent, being part of the Zindler family
clothing store empire.