Posted to alt.home.repair
bill bill is offline

Default split tree branch - tree.JPG (0/1)

Steve
thanks for the info. ok i sent the pic to alt.binaries.picture as
"tree". please tell me how i reference this post (hyper link it)
to my original message thanks

On 30 Dec 2007 16:11:07 GMT, Steve wrote:

bill wrote on 30 Dec 2007 in group alt.home.repair:

how to fix? wrap with cable?

That branch has to be 12". Get thee to an arborist.

I do (minor) tree trimming, but there's no way I'd touch yours. There's
too much chance that it would come down on my head or your house.

An arborist will have all the right equipment (and insurance) to fix it
right. He'll probably go up about 10 feet and drill a hole through that
branch and the next one, then put in a piece of 1" threaded rod. It will
take some big honkin' fender washers and double hex nuts on both ends.

Or he'll tell you that it's too dangerous to mess with and cut it off.

p.s. My ISP allowed your picture to post in a non-binary group, but most
won't. The convention is to post the picture to a group like
alt.binaries.pictures, then reference it in your text post.