Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Banning incandescent lamps?

Hi Ed, I have some info, right from the packaging of the CFs that I've been
using

QualSTAR Mini Sunlight
100W replacement
Light output: 1707 lumens
Energy used: 23W

Model No: 2823 S (and) 2VP BGL (2-pack for Big Lots Stores)
Color temp: 6,500 Kelvin
Lamps contain mercury

Big Lots price - $6 for a 2-pack

This is a product of a company that has produced some real crap in the past,
Lights of America, but these units that were purchased in the past year are
performing very well.
The light is white, and very bright. I generally have all my lights for room
lighting, operating in bounce mode, pointed up at the white ceiling. Many
may find that these lights are too bright for direct lighting (for a reading
light, for example).
A side-by-side comparison to a warm CF makes the warm lamp look very yellow,
like light shining thru mud (if that makes any sense).

I used to think that regular cool white and warm CFs produced good light,
until I tried these sunlight CFs.

I'm not a photog, but when I've used these lamps to fill in for pictures (no
flash), the inexpensive HP 215 digital camera shots don't look any different
than shots with the light from the built-in flash.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:28:10 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:
snips

So, which ones are best for color?

snippage

Yikes. More than I would ever want to know. d8-) Thanks, it's good to know
it's there.

--
Ed Huntress