Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Installing fire break walls in loft

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
Richard wrote:

As someone else pointed out, I dont really need soundproofing come to
think of it - just the physical barrier for security and the
fireproofing, so I guess fireproof plasterboard on both sides of a
single skin stud would be effective.

I wouldn't... you say security is a concern: if you consider that
there's a risk of a scrote breaking into your neighbour's house and
climbing up into his roofspace in order to enter your house, do you
think a couple of sheets of plasterboard will impede his progress for
more than a few seconds?!

Yes.

I remember enlisting the help of one of my sons with a renovation
project a few years ago, and set him on to demolishing a stud partition.
He was able to climb through it in a matter of minutes - mind you, he
was only 9 at the time.

David