Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Honeywell Electronic Air cleaner problem

samurai wrote:

My electronic air cleaner won't come on with the electronic filters
inserted and the furnace fan on.

They are inserted with the arrows pointing correct for air flow, they
are sitting up, with the red contact pads facing up, and the access
door is on correctly. I push the switch to the ON position, it does
not light up.

After washing them, I did notice one fine wire was missing on one
filter, there are two filters for the 4" 16x25" area. Does that
matter?

I take out the filters, the light turns on.

Any ideas?
samurai.

The "missing" wire isn't completely missing, but is shorting the plates.

Find it and remove it.