DoN. Nichols

Default DC Generator

In article ,
Brian Lawson wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:37:48 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

[ ... ]

Hey DoN,

Wrong DoN. I'm "DoN. (Donald Nichols)", not Don Foreman, who
wrote what you were responding to.

Owwww....what about the AC hum when he's got ahold of a 1/2 ton of
scrap pieces? Ouch!!

Probably not too bad. Based on my mag chuck for my surface
grinder, there is some residual magnetism which lasts for some while
after the chuck is turned off, and this could control the hum rather
well. As a matter of fact, it is wired up to feed raw AC to it to
demagnetize it so you can get the workpiece off without having to fight
for it.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564