Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nailgun education

The young people are from farms and ranches. The classroom is often
at their place or if the school is able - at the schools ranch.
If a horse goes down and the vet must put it out - they are there
to learn a life lesson and see what it takes to have to call in the
first place. e.g. why not to call as much as why.

Some youngsters learn everything, some learn feed and the books as
they already knew the facts of life.

So many young people that take the program are city kids that daddy
bought me a horse. Mom and Dad are interested in their offspring
learning what to do from a person that knows.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

ATP* wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
To you and I a Nail gun sounds chilling - but it was very likely
the fast quick and sure way. Clubbing might not work the first or
second time. Shooting is now not allowed. Slicing a neck is messy
and more gore. Chemical is not nice or easy.

Want to suggest an approved way ?

My point was it doesn't seem appropriate for a horse. I guess it's
preferable to a Greenlee auger on the end of a Milwaukee Hole-Hawg. BTW, I
just went out to my shop and saw one of the biggest raccoons I've ever seen
inside the shop. I left the trap at work and don't know where the pellet gun
is, otherwise I'd be doing some Mitt Romney style varmint huntin'.

ATP* wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
As an Ag teacher, that is the least. Caving is tough on some
and putting down a horse or dog is a Farm / ranch needed lesson.

Ag is real life, not a idealistic wonder world.
That is Razor back country and it might be kill or be eaten!

I hope they're not putting down horses with nailguns. One of my
electricians claims he took out a raccoon in an attic with one of those
long, flexible Greenlee auger bits that are used to fish lines through
walls.