Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
DDG DDG is offline

Default ash project

Found some "Butcher Block" Finish oil finish today for the actual butcher
block top, had planned to just use mineral oil but this stuff reads like it
would be a lot better service.

"DDG" TEXANX5_at_yahoo.com wrote in message
I've got some ash and started a frame for my wife's butcher block.
However
the worms have eaten it worse than I knew before sawing and planing it. I
think it will add character if I can ever get all the 'worm dirt' removed.
Not sure what finish. I tried colonial maple, light oak, and fruit wood
but
none really do it.

Any suggestions on worm dirt removal? I've been using an old dental pick
and
pocket knife.

Attached Thumbnails
ash project-december2007-014-%5B320x200%5D-jpg