Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
DDG DDG is offline

Default ash project

Got the air set on 100 psi (that is all my blower is rated for) and it helps
but so far lots of picking.

Yes, I agree with sealing I'm planning to stain with antique cherry then
seal with several cotes of poly.

If I had known about the worm damage I'd probably selected different boards
but really different realize it was so extensive until after I assembled and
started the prep work.

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
I agree on the air compressor,

Are the worm holes big enough for pipe cleaners?
see: http://kwikcrafts.com/crafts/categor...-Cleaners.html they have
different size cleaners, you might be able to find them locally.

DDG wrote:
I've got some ash and started a frame for my wife's butcher block.
However the worms have eaten it worse than I knew before sawing and
planing it. I think it will add character if I can ever get all the
'worm dirt' removed. Not sure what finish. I tried colonial maple, light
oak, and fruit wood but none really do it.

Any suggestions on worm dirt removal? I've been using an old dental pick
and pocket knife.