Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default A piece of scrap redesigned a bit.

Bill wrote:
I've never used BLO. Most of the time, I finish my carvings with a
varying number of coats of Minwax Antique Oil Finish, depending on the
sheen that I want to achieve.

I would imagine that this would be a similar looking finish to the
BLO.

Does BLO cure to a hard finish?

Nope - mostly soaks into the wood. It's not a film finish, but is a common
ingredient in other finishes such as Danish Oil. It'll pop the figure in a
piece really nicely. After it's cured a couple days, many folks will put a
coat of shellac or varnish over it...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller, Juneau, Alaska