Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default ash project

"DDG" TEXANX5_at_yahoo.com wrote:

I've got some ash and started a frame for my wife's butcher block.
However
the worms have eaten it worse than I knew before sawing and planing it. I
think it will add character if I can ever get all the 'worm dirt' removed.
Not sure what finish. I tried colonial maple, light oak, and fruit wood
but none really do it.

Any suggestions on worm dirt removal? I've been using an old dental pick
and pocket knife.

I'd try an air compressor - see if you can't blow it out. May have some
pickwork to do as well but 90 psi works wonders...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller, Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb