Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab Dr. Hardcrab is offline

Default Moen 1200 Cartridge - Which way is up?

wrote in message
In all the post I found about replacing a Moen 1200/1225 single handle
shower cartridge, none of them mentioned that if you put it in upside
down, the hot will be on the right instead of the left.

I could not find anything on the cartridge itself, the instruction
sheet that came with it, or anywhere else that tells you which way it
should go in. I (of course) put mine in upside-down and had to pull it
all out to reverse it.

I only hope that this helps someone else avoid my mistake. Or, if
someone how knows about this part could post a reply to tell the rest
of us how to tell which way it up.

http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/...3/moen0133.cfm