Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mortice lock removal

In article
,
chudford wrote:
My Daughter has just moved into her house and there is no key for one
of the mortice locks.

We want to change the lock, any ideas on how we can remove the old
lock (it is locked by the way)

I thought about cutting through the lock with an angle grinder but
will it be able to cut through the steel inserts in the latch?

Your help would be appreciated.

Easiest to cut through the hinges, I'd say. You might even be able to
whack the pins out.

She can't afford a locksmith by the way.

Oh dear.

If you can remove the hinges, remove the lock and get some keys cut for
it - should be cheaper than a new lock if a decent make.

--
*A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.