Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

In message , Frank Erskine
writes
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:03:17 +0000, magwitch wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:30:55 on
Sun, 30 Dec 2007, The Natural Philosopher remarked:
When we took over in 2000 we de-subscribed Cambridge from being a
"nuclear free city" (if you know of any such signs that didn't get
taken down please let me know!). We didn't, after all, want to try
to force Addenbrookes to remove all those interesting machines in
the basement, for example.

Not to mention stripping out every single smoke alarm in the diocese..

Banning luminous watches...

Hah!

In the 50s I remember cornflakes and rice krispies with little plastic
luminous skeletons and alien monsters and the like, loose in the packet.
Also the annual trip to get new shoes usually involved having your foot
x-rayed in a huge box-like contraption €” great fun as you could see your
green foot bones through a window in the top of it.

And the radioactive luminous paint you could buy from Gamages et. al.
You licked the tip of the paintbrush to get it to a fine point...

and the horrible smell ...

--
geoff