Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Garbage disposal wiring

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:45:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Dec 29, 5:37 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

snips

E166124 cord *does* have color-coded insulation.

Ah, no, it doesn't. Let me show you what I have.

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSC03207.jpg

This is the cord that came out of the garbage disposal that I am
replacing, so I assume it is appropriate for the job. The dead
disposal is about 7 years old.

Corey

It is hard to tell from the picture, but the neutral should be the
wire with the factory markings on the insulation. I don't see any
markings in the picture but they should be there.

The best way would be to test it with a tester. (go ahead and clamp
it in the J-box on the disposal to hold it in place) The wire that is
hot will go to the black.