Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Garbage disposal wiring

wrote in message
I am in the middle of replacing my garbage disposal with the
Insinkerator Evolution. Following the directions, I removed the cord
from the old disposal. Now I am stuck at installing the cord in the
new disposal.

If you have an ohmmeter or continuity light, you can find out.

The plug is the key. The long, round pin is the ground. The fat blade is
neutral (white) & the small blade is hot (black). If the plug is not
polarized, then get a new cord. Go to the hardware store & get an extension
cord, chop one end off and wire it up.

For it to work, it doesn't matter which is white and which is black.
However, for safety's sake, it does matter.