Posted to alt.home.repair
krw[_2_] krw[_2_] is offline

Default Bamboo flooring in bathroom

In article cb94c6fb-0e11-409f-8f15-
, alt.home.repair,
says...
On Dec 28, 5:56*pm, krw wrote:
In article b923e816-4149-4c9f-b5a1-3f03369352d9
@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com, alt.home.repair,
says...

I have a small bathroom with old vinyl tile on the floor. *Would
bamboo flooring
work? *The kind that is sold in packages and can be cut to measure.
Can it be installed on top of the vinyl -- as cushioning? * Tx.

Bamboo will work fine around some water (I had it in my last
kitchen) but the "Pergo" style of flooring isn't tolerant of water
at all. *I don't think I'd use bamboo it in a bathroom though. *
IMO, the only flooring worth a dime in bathrooms is tile. *It's
easy to install, as well.

--
Keith

are u talking tongue and groove or the rolled type?

Bamboo? T&G.

It's cheap and looks rather nice. Indeed, if there are any
negatives, it's that it looks too perfect (like a bowling alley).
If I do it again (and will if I build, later this year or next)
I'll likely do it myself. Bamboo is a piece of cake to put down.
Every piece is perfect.

--
Keith