Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
. ..

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

The point is that in some cities, mass transportation isn't foisted on
people. They choose to use it because the physical realities of
trying to drive into those cities make it insane to consider using a
car on a daily basis. People who use the word "foisted" must be
possessed by some sort of childish cowboy independence mentality. If
the light rail idea had become a reality here in my county, nobody
would've been forced to use it.

Yeah, but you (and millions of others) are forced to PAY for it.

Fares never come close to the operating budget.

We're forced to pay for all sorts of crap. I wouldn't mind paying for a
light rail system.

Then you'd be even more of a fool than you routinely demonstrate yourself
to be. Light rail doesn't work as mass transit No capacity, no speed.

Heavy rail works.

Busses work very very well.

Light rail is a farce.

Do you suppose light rail can do better than 30 mph on a good day?

No, it ca't. The one ride everyweekday (Portland Tri Met Yellow Line)
averages a whopping 17 MPH. Per Tri Met.