Posted to alt.home.repair
El Stroko Guapo El Stroko Guapo is offline

Default peel and stick tiles

SteveB wrote:

SWMBO picked out some peel and stick tiles. The sales geek sold us a gallon
of floor prep and confidently told us we shouldn't have any problem sticking
it to new concrete. There's a little overspray along the baseline from the
airless, but the rest of the floor is/will be pretty clean. I'm going to
use 4" wide razor scrapers, a broom, and a mop. I'll go around and get all
the overspray knocked loose that I can.

I'm hoping for the best, but these tiles look a little cheesy. How has your
experience been? Should I rent a roller? Application temps are low right
now. Should I wait until it warms up? I have a double head propane heater,
so could get the three small rooms it's going into very warm, save for the
concrete, and that would take days to warm up completely.

What say ye?

Steve

If there is even the tiniest bit of moisture wicking through the
concrete, they will curl. I'd avoid them on any slab that lays on the
ground.