Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Neptune Washing Machine

Consumer Reports says a washer that old is not worth fixing because half the
repairs turn out crappy. Don't risk money into it.

"bruce6230" wrote in message
I am having a problem with my washing machine. It is a front loader.
The symptoms a water is running out the bottom of the door. The
door can be opened when the machine is running. It smells like the
motor is getting hot. The washer does complete the cycle from
beginning to end. The washer is nine years old. Not sure if I should
repair or replace. Sears charges $65 to show up in the driveway. I am
not real mechanically inclined but am willing to try to help myself.