Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default Metal roof edge sealing help

On Dec 29, 10:02*am, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
I have a fairly new metal roof (2 years old). *The contractor is no longer
available. *As my plumber had predicted, wind blows water under the edge of
the roof. *Roof edge is guttered full length and is 60 feet long. *Said edge
hangs into the gutter approximately 1 to 1-1/2 inches. *Rain water blows up
into the raised 'bumps' of the roofing panels.

My idea of a fix would be to stuff a tiny amount of something (maybe wadded
insulation) up into the bump to use as a stop. *Then fill the 1 or 2 inch
remaining cavity with foam (Great Stuff?). *The foam would go only as far as
I shoved the 'stop'.

Anybody have any better ideas please submit and criticize mine!!!

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

I am not sure your proposed solution would hold up to the weather but
I really don't know. There are closure strips that are manufactured
for this that are usually installed when the panels are installed. Do
a google search for "metel roof closure strip" and you should run
across something. You may be able to get these in there with a little
work.