Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default home-made one-person water level?

I use a 5 gallon plastic bucket and install a hose fitting near the bottom.
I place the bucket in a convenient location and attach a garden hose to it.
I attach a short whip made out of vinyl tubing to the garden hose. Then I
fill the bucket with a garden hose and let it run through my hose until I am
sure all the air bubbles are out. I keep the 5 gallon bucket brimful during
use. Mostly use this setup for leveling under a house.

"George" wrote in message
I need a water level. It seems you can make a one-person water level by
hooking one end into a reservoir. If anyone has done this, I'd be
interested in what they used for parts.

TIA,
George