Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Elecrical Question

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Ned Simmons wrote:

snipped

I do have a pair of 30A motor starting switches wired as
Jeff describes above to select either the rotary or static
converter. One switch is mounted upside down and a bar
between the handles prevents both from being on at the same
time.

Ned Simmons

Hey, thanks Ned! I thought I was going to get all sorts of jazz from
folks for that "interlock" suggestion.

My first thought was to recommend your "upside down" (and I presume
offset by one width.) trick, but I wasn't sure how much an upside down
disconnect switch would agitate an inspector. G

My commercially made MTS transfer panel works that way. It is impossible
to have our generator connected to the panel and still be connected to the
service. It's a slick way, and perfectly acceptable by code. They use a
Square D panel and add the interlock. Real slick system.

Harold