Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default 2008 Pres

HeyBub wrote:
Caesar Romano wrote:
I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

Well, he reports the same silliness: 47 million Americans don't have health
insurance. Lack of heath INSURANCE is not the same as lack of health CARE.

Of these, 10-12 million are illegal aliens, 2-5 million are seniors who have
not yet signed up for Medicare, about 20 million are young people who have
chosen NOT to spend their money on insurance, 2-4 million are between jobs
that include insurance. So, then, 34 to 41 of the 49 million are not part of
the chronically uninsured.

As to ca Of the 8-13 million not covered, they can still get health care
at emergency rooms, pubic clinics, VA, and other sources.

Obama and many others would chance screwing up a health insurance system
that WORKS for 300 million people just so a very small number can get more
attention.

Hell, my wife can't even get a bone density scan because insurance won't
pay for it and we have deductibles to pay from her accident that
insurance won't pay. She is being denied treatment because we owe
$10,000 and haven't yet paid it all off yet, work and are citizens. I
guess the answer is to only get hurt or get sick if you have the means
to pay for it? "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" ? Not for
all. And we have worked our butts off our entire lives.
Of course there are people who are without insurance by choice. Of
course an inordinate amount of tax money is spent on the health of
illegals aliens, the shiftless and criminals. What about those of us who
have served our country well, worked all of our lives. Maintained a
legal lifestyle and have always tried to do the right thing for
ourselves and our country? I can go to the VA but the nearest clinic is
75 miles from me.
I'm not sure if gov't run health care (look at the debacle that IS the
VA) is the answer but something needs to be done. Maybe the ceo's of
these companies need to learn to live on a few billion $ less.
"LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" sounds like a
constitutional guarantee to me.