Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Removing grafitti from brownstone

I used Goof Off and I think it came off pretty well. The affected area was
kind of self-contained, so I just scrubbed that whole section of wall rather
than just the markings. That way there was no outline and it doesn't look
all that different from the rest of the front of the house.

And now that I've seen the wall a little closer, I think I might just be
able to paint over that section if I want to make it look really good.

Thanks for all the tips and advice. I'll still be interested to see how
long it will take the city to respond. Maybe I'll have them come out and
powerwash anyway.

"Ray" wrote in message
Someone was nice enough to give me a late Christmas present by writing
some grafitti on the front of my house. Short of using a power washer
(which I don't have), what is the best way to remove it from
brownstone/masonry material?

I'm also worried if we just scrub it off that there will be the outline of
what was there.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

--