Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
Too_Small_Tool wrote:

And yet, TMT again ignores the fact that guns aren't causing any
crimes, criminals are. Until he solves that problem, he has no
place stopping me protecting myself from the criminals.

So Dave...considering that we are awash in guns....why haven't the
criminals been stopped from committing crimes?

At least you now recognize that the criminal is committing the crime,
not the gun, maybe you CAN learn.

They've changed from violent crimes like mugging using guns where they
now have a risk of being shot to less violent crimes like burglary
where they can expect the occupant is gone or asleep. And they still
have an edge in violent crimes because they are prepared for the
situation, an armed citizen has to recognize the threat as a threat,
which can slow his reaction.

David

And those with any intelligence at all have moved to identity theft and
cybercrime. Why even have to go out into the cold when you can sit in front
of a computer in your jammies and fuzzyy slippers and make ten to a hundred
times more? Then there are those nasty car chases and you MIGHT get blown
away. And the pursuit, apprehension, and prosecution of the new brand of
thieves is very little. A small amount of jail time IF you do get caught.

The smart ones are at this moment sipping a margarita at a resort beach
laughing at all the homies that are running and gunning around for pennies.
And the dumb homies who are running and gunning are saying, "We doan neeeed
no steeeeenkeeeeng education!"

Steve

Steve