Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Habitat For Humanity ReStore?

Lou wrote:
I go to one in northern Illinois, and most of the time
I'm disappointed. Their prices seem to be 75% of what
they would be new. On top of this you can't buy 2 or 3 cabinets,
you have to buy the whole set. This place is always croweded because
they are not selling. I realize that they have to pay the rent, but
most all of their help is volunteers, and selling that high seems to
have slowed them down.

Recall the purpose is a fund-raising mechanism -- you may as well
consider a portion of the cost of anything purchased there a donation to
HFH. Whether that's on your particular radar as a suitable donee is
your choice, of course, but there's no sense in the attitude I sense in
most responses here of thinking their purpose is to be a bargain
house--it isn't.